Summer Flower Power - How to Add Floral Prints to your Summer Wardrobe

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 Anonymous 1 Comments

Sorry guys for such a long wait in between my last blog post. It's just been crazy mad this time around dashing about to get our stocks, photoshoot and launch for the Garden of Eden Collection for Foster Bay.

Phew.. finally just able to catch a breather and realise that I have been wanting to blog about the summer trend of floral prints and how to wear it in various styles and trends.

I seem to keep apologising but I have yet to find a photographer to help me take nice Fashion shots of myself in my outfits so its back to good ole me, my Canon Ixus or iPhone and my lovely undying mirror!!!( sob...sob..) Won't be long before I get proper fashion shots taken so please be patient and I will be back to impress!!

LOOK NO. 1 : Floral Tights with Striking Pink Top

Top : H&M, Bottom : H&M Floral Tights,
Shoes : ZARA & Jimmy Choo inspired patent wedges ( similar here & similar here
Cuff Bracelet : Hermes inspired, bought at Far East ( similar here & similar here)


LOOK NO. 2 : Floral Top with High Waist Shorts

This look was suppose to be semi-retro ( 60's) in feel. The top was a Christmas gift from my friend Carla, who knew I always love fashion and anything new ( hee..hee...). So in light of Spring / Summer trends approaching, this was the perfect trendy, lightweight, non-crease top I could easily match with shorts, jeans, or skirt for a meeting. Ideal top to take along for a Summer trip as well.

Here I have paired it with my favourite high waisted flat front panel shorts for Summer together with my cutout wooden wedgies from Japanese online shopping portal - Jipaban.

Necklace : Forever 21
The bright floral prints help to funk up what could have ended up as " grandma's hand me down blouse"! Funny enough with long sleeves, I felt much cooler in beating the recent hot weather than compared to short or sleeveless tops, as it protected me from the sun ( at my age any protection helps otherwise it's pigmentation galore!!!)

Again with the prints being so loud and overbearing, I kept my accessories to a minimum with only a gold knotted necklace for a little dressed up feel otherwise I felt kinda naked round the neckline.

So there you go, 2 trends to wear floral either as a top or as a bottom. So go have fun mix and matching your floral prints this summer!

Love, Simone

You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. Love the floral tights!!! I'm having a you choose cashmere giveaway on my blog, please pass by and enter I think you'll love it.

    -V
    http://stylishlyme.com

    ReplyDelete